The present 8th St. Viaduct
The present 8th St. Viaduct was built in 1928 as a replacement to the original built in 1910. The original had a 20ft. wide deck and was similar in appearance to Harrison Ave. Viaduct. Although it figured into plans for the massive Union Terminal project, the present viaduct was designated a state highway and was built by the state of Ohio. The "new" viaduct was built entirely of reinforced concrete, with a 4-lane 40ft. wide deck, and had the first examples of entrance and exit ramps in the Cincinnati area.
In 2008, the viaduct entered the closed overhaul stage, which was funded by the construction management team of the Cincinnati Transportation Engineering Department, lower price Hill Community Committee and Queensgate business alliance. In this overhaul, piers, sidewalks, enclosure railings, concrete pavement, structural repair, etc. were replaced.
The concrete surface protection of the bridge after the overhaul is all treated with ChemTec, the construction area is about 250000 square meters.
Chemtec products play an important role in many famous road and bridge construction projects. It undertakes the arduous task of protecting the floor and road surface under the harsh environment and successfully achieves the shocking effect of the ground lasting for a long time. ChemTec has always insisted on 20-year quality commitment with facts
Spraying Chemtec on the road
Spraying Chemtec on the Sidewalk